Tuesday, May 18, 2010

If you Cannes make it here...

Today I learned what happens when you give cats Prozac. This gentleman, who so emphatically demanded a tip for posing, was doing some crazy ju ju with those cats. Picture Cirque Du Soleil meets the dog whisperer. I'm not sure it was appropriate for multitudes of children in the audience, either.

Ah, just another crazy scene from the wacky Croisette.

I'm starting to get a little crazy myself. To recap, Cannes is a giant tradeshow with celebrities. Celebrities, I might add, that seem to make themselves conspicuously scarce outside of red carpet events and press conferences. I focused on drumming up some interest in our film library, which contains a wider selection than just our piece playing at the festival, http://www.glasseyefilms.net/ . I met with a company that buys short films to only play in Russia (which gives a scary insight to state of broadcast TV in eastern Europe), a company that will submit your film to a whole host of festivals for you, and a sketchy gentleman who said he would help us write and produce our next film if I told him what it was about.
Unfortunately, I was hoping to meet with another potential avenue, but that didn't pan out. No problem, meeting rescheduled, but it meant another late afternoon without the ability to run back to the hotel and change into the tux for the evening. So, another night of missing the red carpet experience. I am proud of myself for last night, though. At the end of yesterday's post I left you as we watched our mysterious benefactor ascend the Marches Rouge without us. Well, after a sweaty train ride back the hotel, I freshened up, put on the tux and headed to the bus stop to go back to Cannes and party French Riviera style. Let me tell you, you don't want to wait 45 minutes at a French bus stop in full evening attire for a bus that doesn't show...



So, as promised, I found a camera shop and bought a new card reader. Here are some pics from the last two days cavorting in the sun...

Some 48 Hour folks. Scott from Vegan Cannibal productions, who wrote and starred in the terrific "Ration" is on the left, and Grayson Ford directed and starred in "Sea of Trees", a moody and surreal story set in Japan...


Javier Bardem and director Alejandro Gonzalez Inarittu. The cast and director of "Biutiful" on the red carpet...













Well, it's getting late, and I have a potential early meeting. I'll leave you with an actual quote I overheard while having my dinner (on the beach, under a thatched umbrella!) "No, No, No, Monsieur fancy pants!" Sounds like something I've heard at home...








No comments:

Post a Comment